For more information about the personal data processing carried out within the scope of the activities of Grupo Eternit, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Personal data we process
Grupo Eternit may collect your information at several different points and in different manners on this website, as below:
- Information directly provided by the user: Name, address, email, telephone number, company, country.
The cookies used by Grupo Eternit are:
Session Cookie: allows the browser to re-identify itself to the sole and only server to which the customer had previously authenticated.
The session key stored in the session cookie contains only one random number identifier (“key”), which is used to index the server session cache. No other information is exposed in the session cookie.
- Access logs and other automated information. Grupo Eternit may collect and store certain information it receives automatically whenever the User interacts with the Website. Internet Protocol (IP), type of browser, as well as dates and times of User interaction with the platform are some examples of this collection.
For which purposes do we collect your data?
Users’ personal data, as the case may be, are processed by Grupo Eternit for the following purposes:
- Offer high effectiveness in the provision of its services and the proper support for fulfillment of its corporate purpose;
- Adjust the look and content to users’ preferences, in order to provide them with quicker, more pleasant and more effective access;
- Seek the proper security of the services provided and means of identification in case of improper or illegal uses;
- Disclose promotional actions of Grupo Eternit’s websites, platforms and internet applications or other initiatives, always offering opt-out options;
- Enhance the services and/or functionalities of Eternit’s Website and platforms.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Grupo Eternit may share your personal data with third parties, business partners, companies belonging to the same economic group as Eternit or subsidiaries of Eternit as relevant to enable use of the Website and other Platforms by the Users or the provision of services to the Customer. Said sharing is based on the following criteria and has the following purposes:
- Service providers or business partners: We may share your personal data with services providers contracted by Eternit to (a) provide operating management software and other information technology for customer management and registration. Such agents receive your personal data for the specific purpose of providing services to Eternit and have no rights to use your data other than in this situation.
- Request from a proper authority: Grupo Eternit may also share your personal data with third parties (including governmental bodies) in order to respond to investigations, court orders, court proceedings, or to investigate, prevent or adopt measures regarding illegal activities, suspicion of fraud or situations involving potential threats to the physical security of any person, or otherwise, as required by legislation.
- New business: If Grupo Eternit is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or part of its assets, your personal data may be transferred to the acquiring individual or legal entity. In case of a change in the identity of your personal data controller as a result of any transaction, you will be notified of any choices you may have about your personal data.
How long will we retain your personal data?
We will store and retain your information: (i) for the period required by law; (ii) up to termination of the personal data processing, as referred to below; or (iii) for the period required to preserve the legitimate interest of Grupo Eternit. Accordingly, we will process your data, for instance, during the applicable statutes of limitation or as required for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Termination of the personal data processing will occur in the following cases:
- When the purpose for which the personal data of the Data Subject were collected is fulfilled and/or the personal data collected are no longer necessary or relevant for fulfillment of said purpose;
- When the Data Subject is entitled to request termination of processing and deletion of their personal data and does so; and
- When there is a legal order in this regard.
Your rights in relation to your personal data we process
You will have certain rights in relation to your personal data, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Receive clear and complete information about processing of your personal data, including events of personal data sharing;
- Request access to your personal data and/or confirmation of existence of data processing;
- Request that we rectify any inaccurate, incomplete and outdated personal data;
- Oppose to the processing activities, request anonymization and deletion of personal data, in specific circumstances;
- Request portability of your personal data;
- Withdraw consent at any time, when Grupo Eternit processes your personal data based on consent; and
- Request revision of automated decisions that may affect your interests.
The remaining rights are provided for in article 18 of Law 13.709 of August 14, 2018.
You may exercise such rights by contacting the Personal Data Officer.
Security, guarantees and precautions upon using the website
We are committed to delivering you a secure and reliable website and guarantee that we will take the necessary measures to provide a better experience in this regard.
The website is a secure environment so that we can provide an environment on which any data transmission is confidential and secure. This website incorporates various physical, electronic and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data.
Access to your personal information is restricted and only the IT support team of Grupo Eternit, its affiliates and service providers that need an indispensable access for specific purposes are granted access to your personal data.
The servers on which Eternit stores your personal information are kept on a secure environment protected by the scope of work of the information security area, which meets the ISO27001 security requirements, in addition to good market practices.
However, it should be stressed that, as with any interaction on the internet, it is not possible to guarantee an infallible security level that is free from any and all threats, given the speed with which new technologies are developed.
Within this scenario, we undertake to endeavor our best efforts to guarantee that the Website is, to the extent possible, always updated and protected from intrusions and failures.
HOW TO TALK ABOUT PERSONAL DATA WITH ETERNIT S.A?
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions related to the Policy and/or processing of your Personal Data, our Data Protection Officer – “DPO” is at your disposal on: firstname.lastname@example.org